Are The MK1 Servers Down: Mortal Kombat 1 is a 2023 game that was released by Warner Bros. Games and developed by NetherRealm Studios. Mortal Kombat 1 is Mortal Kombat 12th edition and the second reboot after Mortal Kombat 2011. The game will be available for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5 Windows, Xbox Series 8/S, and Xbox Series 8/S on September 19, 2023.
In 2019, the game was both a remake and sequel to Mortal Kombat 11, taking place in a new timeline that was created when Liu Kang ended 11’s Aftermath expansion. The new Mortal Kombat 11 timeline sees Fire God Liu Kang join his warriors to take part in Outworld’s Mortal Kombat Tournament and battle an alliance led by Titan Shang Tsung.
Mortal Kombat 1, was well-received by the critics. The Nintendo Switch version of the game was criticized for its graphic and technical issues. The game sold nearly 3 million copies as of November 20-23.
Mortal Kombat 1 features story mode, multiplayer online and. Also included is Rollback Netcode. Kameo Fighters are a feature that assists players in battles. It works the same as Tag Assist fighters in Mortal Kombat 11. These characters are chosen before each fight and they differ from those on the character roster. The Kameo fighters can offer two types of help: ambushes and summons. The player can do both while staying in one place. Kameo Fighters can be called for them to perform their brutalities and deaths. It will also affect the health of the player.
Fatal Blows have been updated with new features. First introduced in Mortal Kombat 11,. Special attacks are activated when a player’s health drops below 30%. In this version, however, both the Kameo fighter and the player deliver offensive moves simultaneously. Fatal Blow, the most powerful attack in Mortal Kombat X 2015 also has an X-Ray Effect. Air Kombat is returning, as it was in Mortal Kombat Armageddon 2006. Shaolin Monks, the action spinoff of Mortal Kombat Armageddon 2005, and Shaolin Monks’s spin-off Shaolin Monks also returns.
Each Invasion has a board with its theme and lasts six weeks. Each Invasion season lasts around six weeks and has its board.
Are The MK1 Servers Down: Here Are The Reasons
Many factors can cause game servers to go down. Many factors can cause game servers not to work.
- Routine maintenance: regular maintenance includes updating software or patches, and performing necessary tasks to ensure the smooth running of servers.
- Game Server Issues Unanticipated problems, such as hardware failures and software bugs, can cause game servers to malfunction.
- Security Issues If a threat or security breach occurs, the game server may need to be temporarily taken offline to address and resolve this problem.
- Updates and Patches: It may be necessary for you to shut down your server temporarily to install new updates, patches, or features.
- Surge in Traffic or Server Overload: A sudden influx of players or traffic can lead to performance issues or crashes. This can happen during peak hours of traffic, special events, or due to unexpected popularity.
- DDoS distributed attacks A distributed DDoS attack is when a server becomes inoperable due to overloading. Game servers can temporarily be shut down to mitigate these effects.
- Power outages or Natural Disasters: Power outages or extreme weather conditions may affect data centers that host gaming servers.
- Configuration Errors: The incorrect configuration and updating of servers may lead to issues that require the server to be taken offline for correction.
These are the reasons behind, why are the mk1 servers down.
Are The MK1 Servers Down? Here are 10 ways to fix it.
These are fixes for the Mortal Kombat 1 error that prevents the game from launching properly on a PC.
- Windows Defender exceptions: Add MK1
- Run MK1 with Administrator rights.
- Files corrupted? Fix them!
- Clear Steam Cache
- Stop doing useless background tasks.
- Prioritize the MK1 Process.
- Disable overlays.
- Steam Input: Deactivate it.
- Run MK1 in Windowed mode.
- Select the dedicated GPU that will be used.
Mortal Kombat System Requirements
Before purchasing any software or games, it’s important to check that your PC meets minimum requirements. Failure to comply with this requirement may cause compatibility problems and limit your experience. You must therefore check first the MK1 requirements.
Here are the system requirements for Mortal Kombat 1 PC.
- Windows 10 64-bit Operating System:
- AMD Ryzen(tm) 3 (3100) or Ryzen(tm) 5 (2600)
- 8GB Memory (RAM).
- Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980, AMD Radeon RX 470, or Intel Arc A750
- SSD:100GB free of charge
Add Exception to Windows Defender
Windows Defender will randomly label a malicious game or app and place restrictions on it. It can cause a game or application to crash and fail.
Disabling Windows Defender may help. This should fix the problem. If it does, you can whitelist Mortal Kombat in the antivirus settings. If you’re looking for help, here is our guide.
Give Administrator Privileges
Mortal Kombat 1 can crash or not launch if it lacks permissions. This will prevent it from accessing your system resources, resulting in a failed launch.
To avoid this problem, I recommend launching the game as an administrator. MK1 will get the necessary permissions to run and launch smoothly if you start it as an administrator.
Repair corrupted files
You should be aware that your game files may become corrupted during an update or by using 3rd-party cleaning tools or antivirus software.
Steam’s function automatically repairs and replaces all corrupted and missing files. If you require assistance, please refer to our guide Verifying game files on PC.
Clear Steam Cache
Steam Cache stores files temporarily that are necessary for the update and download process. These files can become corrupted or outdated over time. This will cause several errors.
Removing the cache from your browser will resolve this problem. Steam will create a new cache once the problematic one is gone. This should prevent any more problems with the game launch.
Disable Steam Input
Steam Input has made gaming easier and more enjoyable. Steam Input is known to close with the default input mapping for the game. You should therefore disable the feature in MK1.
How to disable Steam Input:
- Click on Mortal Kombat 1, then click Properties.
- Click the Use default settings link next to Override the Mortal Kombat I header, then select the Turnoff Steam input from the dropdown menu.
In-game overlays are useful for a variety of purposes when you play games. It’s also important to know that, if you leave them on, they will consume system resources and some of these overlays may conflict with your games.
The MK1 not starting issue could be caused by a clash. This can be fixed by disabling any third-party overlays on the PC.
Use the Dedicated GPU
The game must have direct access to its dedicated GPU to run at optimal performance. The game crashes if you don’t select your dedicated GPU.
It is best to select your GPU as dedicated in the driver/Windows Settings.
Launch the Windowed Mod
You may be experiencing Mortal Kombat 1 not launching on PC due to optimization issues. Switching to Windowed Mode could be the solution. It may resolve the problem and enable you to successfully launch the game.
Here’s how you can launch Mortal Kombat 1 using the config file for it:
- Press Windows+R to open RUN, type %LOCALAPPDATA%, and click OK to open the Local Appdata folder> Prospect>Saved>Config>WindowsNoEditor folder, and there you’ll find a config file named GameUserSettings.
- FullscreenMode = 0 by changing FullscreenMode=1 in the GameUserSettings.
NoteSome Games, By Default, Have Fullscreen Settings at the Max. Your Display Might Not Support Them.
Stop doing useless background tasks
Close any software running in the background to optimize performance when playing system-intensive video games such as Starfield and Armored Core VI. You can reduce system loads on RAM, CPU, and HDD/SSD.
It is a very frustrating issue that has plagued players since the launch of MK1. Most of the problems have now been fixed. The game will not launch issue is random and can happen to anyone, regardless if they have updated their game to the latest versions.